Breaking Ambitions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Breaking Ambitions

Temporary forum for the Breaking Ambitions corporation

Talos, structure basher

Wolo
    Admin

Talos, structure basher Empty Talos, structure basher

Post  Wolo Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:31 pm

OK so I have gone through all of the tier 3 battle cruisers and a few of the battleships. And so far I can get the most amount of DPS with the least isk and SP out of a Talos. This fit is entirely for shooting at customs offices and offline POSes when we don't want to deploy dreads.

Talos
    Modal Mega Neutron Particle Accelerator I

10 NM Microwarp Drive II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Invulnerability Field II
    Invulnerability Field II

Damage Control II
    Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II (or whatever)

Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
    Medium Hybrid Burst Aerator I

Antimatter L (Just fill your hold with it)

OK so with decent skills this thing puts out 800 DPS, with perfect skills it's 939, but with not so good skills I'd imagine it's closer to 600-700 DPS. To chew through the 10 million hp of the Custom's Office shields that takes about 21 minutes for a 10 man gang. And based on our siege cycle trial runs 1 sieged dread is worth about 5 or 6 Taloses. (and a lot less expensive, and easier to escape with)

You'll also notice this thing has a paper thin tank 26,000 ehp or so, and no warp scrambler so it's not meant for combat, and probably can't stand up to a POS with actual guns on it. I did give it a MWD as a last ditch GTFO option. If it looks like you are going to get shot at just warp off to a safe spot and keep bouncing safe spots until your 15 minute aggression timer goes away, or dock up if we are just shooting an InterBus office.

If you run into fitting problems just replace that nanofiber internal structure for a CPU or powergrid upgrade. You may also need to start swapping out modules and rigs. Do not swap out the DPS modules (guns and mag stabs) DPS is the only reason this ship exists. If you can't fit this try swapping out the microwarp drive for an afterburner for CPU, or one of the rigs for a medium ancilliary current router for power grid.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:22 am